- Excellent build quality and decent/safe input protection.
- Nice large screen with good backlight.
- Continuity tester seems fairly fast and the latching works well.
- Has a diode tester, frequency, thermistor input and can measure in the microamp range.
- Hold function is not Fluke's auto hold (as you would get on the 87V), it simply freezes the current display.
- Only 4000 count with 0.5% +3 accuracy (DC volts).
- Not a true RMS meter.
The included TL75 test leads seem sufficient and seem to be of a reasonable quality.
As a hobbyist, this multimeter should serve me well. If you need more precision or you do AC measurements you might want to consider something like the Brymen BM257S.
I had assumed the 17B+ would have featured auto hold, so I was a bit disappointed about that (in fact it probably would have swayed me toward the BM257S) but I'm certainly not disappointed in the overall product.